-¼ cup chia seeds (whole)
-3/4 cup of water
-1 tsp dried oregano
-3 tbsp unrefined whole grain buckwheat flour (gluten free)
-1 tbsp chopped pine nuts
-2 tbsp chopped pumpkin seeds
-1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 4-5 sliced bell peppers
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ sliced spanish onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 oz grated goats cheddar cheese
- Handful rucola arugula leaves
- Combine chia seeds, water, buckwheat flour, oregano and salt mix well until the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Add chopped pine nuts and pumpkin seed.
- Spread out the crust mixture on a piece of parchment paper and form the dough in a round shape. Flatten to about 1cm for a firm thin crust.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 30-40 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Grate goat’s cheese on top and sprinkle with fresh arugula before serving.
Photo and recipe: Nyoutritious